Thursday, August 26, 2010

Little Library!

Remember the little shelves I got for a steal at the Peddler's Mall. You know, the orange ones?! These...
Well they have finally all been painted and all been hung with care. I can't remember where I got the idea to create a little library of sorts, but Im sure it was HGTV inspired or something. Right now Campbell's library is pretty sad. I think we only have 3 books, but along the way we intend to fill her little bookshelf and alternate books off and on the shelves. Here is the finished product!
The first book Derek picked out for Campbell was a Curious George Collection....
As you can kind of see, the little groves that the shelves have are perfect for nudging the books down into. I'd hate to have them just leaning there and slide off while she's sleeping one day or night. I would surely make a mess in my pants if I heard that in her room at night. Shew....Im nervous just thinking about it! ANYWAY, I'm really pleased with how they turned out. Here's a better view of that whole wall.
While I'm at it, I thought I would post a few more pics since her nursery is (for the most part) done. Just waiting on a few more possible shower gifts and a rocking chair that Derek's mom and sister-in-law are going to paint for me. It'll go right to the right of the swing in the above picture!!
Yes, I stuffed a pillow into the changing pad cover. No, I will not actually be using that as a changing pad. It was for effect.
I turned my Boppy pillow sideways to make a C.

I found a picture of my Pawpaw, Campbell, and framed it in her room.
Yay!!! I love her little room. I always walk in there sporadically just to see it and get little butterflies in my stomach. I am keeping my eyes peeled for something to go above her bed...I'm sure I'll figure something out. Thanks to my wonderful husband for putting up with my sometimes extremely urgent need to do things in her room.
Yeah, him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang girl...you have been busy. The room looks great!!!