Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How to spruce up a basket...

OK...so I know I have seriously taken craft glue and ribbon to each and every basket in Campbell's room. I think it may be a sickness. However, this one takes the cake! I mean, it's nothing to write home about, but I was kind of proud that I thought of it...that's all. So here is your 5 step picture tutorial. Hold on to your knickers!!

1. Choose said basket.
OOoooOoo! Ahhhhhhh!!

2. Choose some purty ribbon. Check.

3. Measure the length around yo' basket and cut yo' ribbon to size.

4. Fold ribbon in half to find the middle. Cut 2 small slits in the middle of the ribbon.

5. Get yourself the largest bottle of craft glue at Micheal's (cause trust me, you will look for things you can use it on) and glue the ribbon onto the basket. Here's the only catch. Don't glue directly behind the slits. This will make since momentarily.
6. Let the glue dry...or if you're like me, try to distract yourself for all of 30 mins and then tell yourself it's dry enough. Find your nearest bow or clip and slide it through the slits you so carefully cut out earlier.
And for your convenience and so you don't feel tied down...change it up!
I realize the green doesn't look too hot with the ribbon, but it was for effect, thankyouverymuch. Remember the shelves I mentioned that I bought for the little "library" in Campbell's room. Well here they are in all their glory.
The little groove they already possessed. Perfect to wedge a little book in!
Since purchased at the Peddler's mall, I have painted them each white and strategically waited until my birthday to ask Derek to hang them. He can't say no to me on my birthday, right?! Mwahahahaha!!! I will take a pic of them up soon. They look so great and I'm very pleased!! That's all for now though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING MY LOVE!!!!!!