Friday, August 6, 2010

Girl got some decorations!

Well, Campbell's room is almost complete! Now I am just buying a few little decorative things, not things she needs. It's fun, but I still don't like spending the money....so with that said...I am pretty much done! The curtains we got for her room are BY FAR the most expensive thing we've bought for her. We bought just one panel because they were so expensive, but it honestly didn't look right. It wasn't anything I couldn't live with...but thankfully my mom came to the rescue and got us the second one! Thanks again, Mom! Now it looks MUCH better. See....
Here's a closer look at the pattern on them.
I made a visit to the Peddler's Mall to try to find some other goodies. I was mainly looking for shelves for either side of the window. I want to do little library for her on that wall. I was also looking for a little lamp to go on her changing table. Luckily I found both! I really felt like the shelves were a steal. I found a bucket full of simple little shelves. I got four 24" ones for $5 a piece and a smaller one for $3. I will have to paint them, but that doesn't bother me. I will take a pic when I get them all up! I also found a cute little unique lamp. Here it is.
I really wish the shade were white, but it's more similar to the color of the walls. Again, nothing I can't live with. It was $14. A little more than I wanted to spend, but I thought it was really cute and one-of-a-kind! Another little one-of-a-kind find I made was this beauty...
...and it coordinates so well with the room, right?! WRONG. I love owls and for $4 I thought it would make a cute little decoration. I knew I wouldn't hang it and contemplated painting it a color, but after a while I just decided on white. As for the fate of that little pendant hanging out of the owl, I thought it would be cool to cut it off and make it into a necklace. Just have to find some string or something to put it on and Wah-la (how do you spell that anyway?) Here's the finished product!
I went with the bow on top of the head to add a little femininity :) and because it had a hole there that I thought looked a little weird. So those are Campbell's decorations! Here's another adorable picture that I couldn't resist showing ya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whit, my mom said that her grandmother told her a house needs two things...A pineapple for prosperity and an owl for wisdom. Looks like Ms. Campbell has the owl for wisdom. So very cute...love the room!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good...hopefully I can make it down to see it in person really soon!