Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Newest Creation

Since starting the whole hair bow endeavor, I have found something else I can do with the felt I was using for the bows. It started when I made my friend Leah a cupcake bow for her little one, Ella, who is due a week or so before Campbell. I cut out the pieces and then hand stitched them to another piece of felt. It was really cute and will make a cute bow. However, I got to thinking....what if she doesn't have something to wear with it. That's when I thought that I could just sew the little emblem to a shirt. I went to my collection of onesies to see what I had to work with.

I have Fall on the brain, so I made a little pumpkin emblem. I found a white onesie and got to stitchin'.... NOT as easy as I thought it would be, but very cute when done. I also had some unisex onesies that looked a little more boyish than girlish, so I made a pink C and stitched it to a green and white striped onesie. Here's what I came up with.
Here's a closer look...
Got a little crooked with the pumpkin, but to tell yah the truth I think it adds character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like them...if you happen to feel like making some shirts for little boys, then send them my way!