Monday, September 27, 2010

Campbell's Big Debut!

So Derek informed me today that I have been neglectful of my blog....but that's not exactly the case. I just knew good things were coming up, so I was waiting until they happened so I could share them on here!! That's all!

As most of you know, the most exciting thing that has happened lately is that we had a 3D ultrasound done. I was so excited to see our baby girl that I woke up at 5:30 that morning and was in and out of sleep until it was time for me to actually get up. We had the ultrasound done in Lexington at a place my sister had her 3D ultrasound done. The whole way there Campbell was awake and active, which is rare for her. She's really more of a night owl. Anyway, so the ultrasound started and one of the first things the tech commented about was how big Campbell was. I found that very surprising because a lot of people have commented about how small I am, etc. So she moved the wand around some more and the second thing she brought to our attention was that Campbell has some hair!! I never dreamed I would have a hairy child, but my dreams don't really matter when it comes down to it.
See the little white twiggies to the left of her head....yeah, that's hair. I'm still in shock about that. Campbell wasn't super cooperative, not that I really expected her to be or anything. She was already head down and was rather snugly with the placenta. For the most part she had her face smashed against it. We got nice little glimpses of her face every now and then, but it wasn't until the very last minute that we got the best series of her face. First she flashed us a little smile and then stuck her tongue out at us.
 Then, as if she were laughing at herself, smiled even bigger...
 ...and then preceded to cackle at herself. Or at least that's what I like to tell myself.
So precious! I already feel like she has her own little personality. I think she may be a bit contrary, much like her father. Hmmm.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the same place where I got Cooper's pictures taken. They were great! Campbell looks adorable! I can't wait to see her!