Monday, September 27, 2010

Boyd's Orchard

Ok, well the sign said Boyd Orchards...but I can't get over how obscure that sounds. So, Boyd's Orchard it is. Anyway, after we got 3D pics of Campbell, we headed to said orchard with my mom, sister, and nephew, Levi. I was excited to pick out pumpkins and do all those orchardly activities! The weather was perfect. I think it might have been 75 degrees when just the day before it was above 90. I was ever so thankful...as were my toes who don't take well to heat these days. I wheeled Levi around in a wagon for a bit.
Next we walked around the shop for a while. As I wandered about, I found the samples table. They were sampling pies and some apple doughnuts. Needless to say, the girl at the sample table and I became good friends and we took home half a dozen of those doughnuts. They may be worth a trip back...no lie. Next time I would get a dozen....sigh... After some browsing we went on a hay ride!! Levi was super excited, see?
Cracks me up! This is his 'smile' and that is my sister trying not to laugh hysterically. Here's one of Levi snuggling with my mom. Sweet.
I took a picture of an apple sign and frankly it's one of my favorite pictures ever. I like how the colors are so primary. 
A pumpkin patch believe it or not! 
We ate some good food, had apple cider slushies (which sound disgusting, but are surprisingly delicious) played and pet some farm animals. All-in-all a good trip to the orchard! Before we left Derek and I picked out our pumpkins. He had the bright idea of picking out a pumpkin to represent everyone in our little family so that's exactly what we did. 
 ...and here we all are on the front porch. Me, Campbell, Derek, Ernie and Buster. 

No comments: