Saturday, December 11, 2010

He's the best. . .

I have a pretty great husband. Ok, he's really great. The other day it occurred to me that now that we have Campbell, it would be neat to have something with her birthstone on it. I mentioned it to Derek a couple of days ago and we both decided it would be a great way to celebrate the birth of our daughter. It wasn't going to be a Christmas present or anything, we were just going to get a little something I could wear. Anyway, Derek had been bugging me to open a Christmas present early this year...which was very strange. I hate surprises, so I wanted to open it, but it was even a little bit early for me. He had gone out "running errands" one day while my mom was here helping me with Campbell and gotten me the gift. So today, again, he suggested that I open it again. I said I would. He handed me a big, heavy box. It hadn't occurred to me that Derek is known for wrapping small things in big boxes until that second. So I opened the box and the first thing I saw was a can of asparagus. I like asparagus...but not that much. I pulled out more tissue paper and saw a can of raisins. Again, I like them, but not that much. I looked at him confused, I didn't think there was anything else in the box. I pulled the last piece of tissue paper out of the box and saw a little box stuffed down in there. I pulled it out and thought there was no way it could have been something with Campbell's birthstone. I had just mentioned it and he had gotten me the gift days ago. I opened up the box and sure enough...there it was. The most beautiful and thoughtful gift I have probably ever received.
So yes, my husband is great because he got me this Christmas/Push present (I had no idea he even knew what a push present was?!!). But to think of it before I had even mentioned it...brings tears to my eyes. I of course started crying as soon as I saw it. I am afterall a big ball of emotions right now. I love it so much though and I love my husband even more for being so thoughtful.

......and here's a pic just cause she's so stinkin' adorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney I have to say that is one of the sweetest "gifts"! I love the meaning behind it more than anything :-) Truly blessed!!!!

Samantha Y.

Mom said...

That is sooo sweet! Especially since my push present was a soda maker!!