Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm back!!

I kind of can't believe I'm actually doing it....but I'm coming back to blogging! With Derek and I embarking on lots of new adventures this year, I thought I would have lots to write about. As you probably know one of my biggest dreams is coming true! I'm going to be a mommy!! I have been asking Derek if we could have a baby since about the day after we got married. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but after I married Derek I really knew I wanted to be a mom. Our little babe isn't due till December 3rd, so I am practicing some major patience these days, but I know it will be here soon enough.
Also, another crazy adventure I'm on is this thing called nursing school. It's a wild ride!! I made it through my first semester and I will admit...it was a lot harder than I thought it would be! All that matters to me is that I made it through. I'm hoping I can get through my second semester and stay focused on school and not sooo much on the baby!
We are also making our way through 2010 as first time home owners! We love our new home and really feel like we picked a jewel. We haven't really had to do anything to our new house. Derek has had to get used to mowing the yard, which most of the time he does without a complaint. I, someone who has never been a big fan of cleaning, have had to get used to cleaning more! We knew it came with the territory though!
The last major adventure (so far, anyway) of 2010 is that Derek will be starting his first real job as a teacher in the fall! He got a position at a small Christian school and he'll be teaching 4th grade. I'm so excited that he got this opportunity because it's something I can tell he's really wanted to do for about the past 2 yrs. Since he started substitute teaching, his heart has grown to educate youngsters. I have seen him teach Sunday school and heard his stories about subbing and can definitely attest that the Lord had blessed him with the ability to teach! He can take something dull and make it so interesting. I think he teaches the way he wished he had been taught.
I'm so excited about all our upcoming journeys. Becoming new parents, first time home owners, and people with (or on our way) to real jobs makes 2010 a very exciting year! I'm excited to share it with my thousands, ok, more like three blog readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy....

you posted a blog!!!!!!