Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Witty Title Here

I feel like I should post....even though I really have nothing to blog about. I've been getting over a little sickness. It started as a common cold and then moved into my lungs. I was aching in my lungs worse than I even had before. I told Derek that I thought I might have pneumonia, even though I had no idea what it felt like. Turns out, I had a mild case of it. I was just freaked out more that I actually had it after that was what I thought I had. Oh well...I'm feeling better now.

Today I went and helped my sister go through nearly 10 boxes of baby boy clothes that her friend gave her. It ended up being about 10 boxes of only newborn to 6 month old clothes. I don't know if you know or not, but that is a heck of a lot of clothes for that short amount of time...granted it had been used by twins. Never-the-less, we got through it all and only ended up with 2 boxes, which I thought was a little more reasonable. After we were done with the I helped her clean out the room she's going to use for his nursery and hang a few things around her apartment.

Derek hasn't been up to too much. We were looking at his school schedule the other night and it looks like everything should be set up for him to be done with school in December!! Yay! There was one class that he was going to have to talk to someone about because they don't offer it for like another year, but I feel sure they should be able to work through that. They can't expect him to wait around a year to complete one class!! He's really been working hard at the bank. I think he will be happy to start working part time versus full time. He complains all the time about not being able to play basketball, so I am definitely encouraging him to play intramural basketball starting in January. Make him be quiet about sill basketball!

My next blog will hopefully be pictures of Ernie at the dog park. I know, VERY exciting! Ernie has been the dog that I never saw myself owning. He has costs us nearly a thousand dollars in damages (not to us but to our stuff)....yes, really! He is very timid and skittish. You can barely take him on walks because he has issues with men, big things, big things that move, people on bicycles, and especially a black person on a bike. So about a month ago I signed him up for the dog park so he could get his exercise, run, and be exposed to other dogs and other people. I have been taking him almost everyday and it's been a real help to our relationship. I know it sound silly, but I was not fond of Ernie AT ALL before the dog park. Since we've been going he's getting braver around men, he is probably one of the sweetest dogs at the park, he never bites or plays too rough and I can let him play with the little puppies who come who still fragile. He listens to me so well when we go, while most dogs are going crazy all over the park, jumping all over people and getting in fights. Needless to say, things between Ernie and I are getting better! Yay for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont even need to call u two every month i can just read this- lol