Monday, December 15, 2008

News, news...

Well....I can't say that I have a ton to write about. I got finished with my MNA/CNA class about 2 weeks ago and since have taken the test to be certified. I received a letter in the mail yesterday saying that I had passed. I got a 67/75 on the written part and passed all 5 of the skills that I had to preform. I'm glad that class is over with, but I am ready to get a job at a hospital or something.
Other news: because Ernie has about a 20ft by 20ft area to run outside, I figured I could do a little better and signed him up for the local dog park. Now he'll have 2 acres to run wild!! I don't know that we'll be able to make him leave.
We are getting ready for Christmas. I think I am pretty much done with gift buying. We weren't able to get real extravagant gifts for people this year, but I think everyone will enjoy what they got. Buster enjoyed one of the gifts I got. He was nice enough to drag it under the bed and go to town chewing on it. Thankfully I don't think the person I got it for will mind. We will be traveling to Owensboro on the 20th to celebrate. His cousin is having a Dirty Santa Christmas party the night of the 20th and his family will be having Christmas at their house the next day. It's kind of a tradition for my family to celebrate Christmas the morning of. We come down, open our stockings (which is by far the best part because we get scratch-offs!) then open presents.
This past Thursday my sister invited me to go with her to the doctors appointment where she finds out the sex of her baby. The baby was moving all over the place like a wild child, I knew then that it had to be a boy...and sure enough, it was. We were all hoping for a girl and I can't say the picture he took of "the proof" fully convinced me that it was a boy. She goes for another ultrasound after Christmas, so I'm hoping they can confirm it a little more. haha.
My Sister's Baby!!


The same day I found out the sex of Les' baby, I also found out one of my good friends from home was pregnant (she will remain anon. for now in case she doesn't want everyone to know yet)! She had told me last month that she going to start trying, but I hadn't heard anything from her. She told me while I was driving (in front of a cop) and out of my excitement he definitely had reason to pull me over! I couldn't be happier for her. She is going to make a GREAT mom and I can't think of anyone who deserves such a blessing more than her. Congrats!
Well that is all for now. I have several errands to run and if I don't start now I may never complete them!

No comments: