Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not too much to say...

Well not much is going on with us. We had a good Thanksgiving with our families. Whenever we go it feels sort of like a mini vacation and then we have to come back to Louisville....back to reality. We really are planning on taking a little weekend vacation to a cabin in the smokies. I always said I couldn't stand Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, but when you escape into the mountains you kind of forget where you are. Plus it's within driving distance and fairly affordable.

Derek has been working a ton! I am very happy about that because I was starting to worry that he was gonna inherit a permanent lazy gene or something. I am still constantly asking him for a child. I say it jokingly, but when I ask I'm very serious. I am somewhat jealous that like EVERY one of my friends is either pregnant or has a child, but truly I have dreamed of being a mother since I was like 8. I pray that when we do start trying that things go smoothly. Now a days you hear so many stories about how couples have problems. I get to go 2 Thursdays from now to find out the sex of my sisters baby. I would like to have a niece and I make that very clear, but...do I really have any say in that.

Well Derek and I haven't really done any shopping at all. We got his brother and sister-in-law something and I know what I want to get my sister and my mom...other than that, we got nothing. I can barely shop on days with regular numbers of crowds, so I don't dare take on Black Friday. I figure the money I would save would not be worth my sanity and mild fear of crowded places.

I've started my clinicals for my CNA class. We go to an all womens nursing home and assist them with daily living. I wasn't looking forward to it at all, but I thought the women were so sweet. This past Monday and tomorrow are the only 2 days I have to do it and then on Saturday I have my test to become certified. I am a little nervous about it because I can't say the teachers were that great at teaching/demonstrating the skills. In January I will start anatomy and physiology and then the following semester I will start actualy nursing school. I am very excited to start because I think nursing will really suit me well.

Well this is all for today.

No comments: