Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mission Organization!

So I had a dilemma on my hands. Campbell's room is literally 10ft x 20ft...in other words, a large closet. It's completely fine with me that it's so small, but as far as where to store things (besides in the tiny closet) had me stumped. I was mainly worried about the cloth diapering situation. I don't want to pile everything on top on her dresser...and as far as putting it in the dresser...it's full of all her hand me down clothes! Sooo, I thought and thought about how I could store them close to the changing table and came up with something that could go behind the door. I know that seems like a strange place, but it's out of sight. Here's what I came up with.
I bought a cheapo shoe organizer made to hang on the back of a door and VOILA!! I would have liked to find an organizer with larger pockets, but I'm also not going to drive all around town looking for one!! I hope it ends up working well for us!

I also found a cute applique set for just $20 at Meijer. I hadn't necessarily planned on using them, but after I saw them I thought they would work really well on the wall behind her bed.
Again, taking commands with a smile. Haha.
Our other little helper.
And...the finished product. Don't think I got super crafty with the decals...there was a picture of how to do it on the package. We followed it down to the last leaf. See the leftovers up in the right-hand corner. They don't look nearly as good!
I would like to find a large C to go above the right side of her bed. It would look something like this.
I guess I will keep my eyes peeled for one!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those decals are really cute!!!

Brooke Lobrano said...

A friend of mine borrowed a projector and projected the image she wanted above her son's crib and then painted it with the projector on...then you could choose the font. Anyways...it only cost her a few bucks b/c the projector was free since her mom is a teacher. If you don't find a C you want, you might want to try that since you can choose the size, font, everything. :)

The Jones' said...

That's a good idea Brooke! Never would have thought of that...